Sunday, December 16, 2007

Sara Jean Underwood



"I thought I was going to puke," she told The Associated Press. "I thought I was going to faint. I thought I was going to cry. It was every emotion you can imagine one would feel when given such an honor."

Being named Playboy magazine's 2007 Playmate of the Year made Sara Jean Underwood feel sick.

"I thought I was going to puke," she told The Associated Press. "I thought I was going to faint. I thought I was going to cry. It was every emotion you can imagine one would feel when given such an honor."

Sara Jean Underwood (born March 26, 1984 in Scappoose, Oregon) is an American model and student. She primary appear as the face model for the October 2005 issue of Playboy. She went on to grow to be Playmate of the Month for July 2006 and 2007 Playmate of the Year in the June 2007 issue of the men's journal.Underwood is a leading at Oregon State University. She graduate from Scappoose High School in 2002.

Underwood appeared on the cover of the October 2005 issue of Playboy holding a football with nothing on but bodypaint. This was done to simulate her wearing a jersey similar in design to the ones worn by the Oregon State Beavers football team. She also wore matching painted bikini briefs. Underwood was in the Girls of Pac 10 illustrative in the same issue.

Underwood appear in episode #2 of E! reality TV series, The Girls Next Door, as a friend hopeful of having her check gun down taken at Playboy Studio West. Subsequently, she was given the title of Miss July 2006. She has since appear in several more episodes, attending events at the Playboy Mansion and hanging out with the girls. In a season 3 episode aired on May 6, 2007, it was open that Underwood, along with fellow Playboy models Holly Madison and Alison Waite, previously worked for Hooters restaurants. Underwood worked at the Beaverton, Oregon place.

On June 7, 2007, a group of Oregon State University student taking a Women's Studies lessons, fashioned a poster celebrating Underwood's completion of becoming Playboy's 2007 Playmate of the Year. The poster was hung outside Bexel Hall for a few hours before being taken down by Oregon State University staff. The poster was mirror after the "Achievement" posters that line Campus Way at the academia. The poster read, "Sara Jean: First OSU Beaver Playmate of the Year, Playboy June '07, OSU CENTERFOLD, People, Ideas, Innovation." It should be noted that the first Beavers playmate of the year was actually Jodi Ann Paterson, in 2000.

Underwood appear as a pirate wench in Epic Movie, next to with Playmates Qiana Chase, Irina Voronina and Jillian Grace.

As founder and editor of the journal, he helps select the annual honoree with advice from his promotions and photo staffs and oodles of input from readers. And what they're looking for, he said, has been "essentially the same" since the first buddy of the Year was crowned in 1960: "Women are a little healthier, a little slimmer, but it's always been, and was from the very beginning, the girl next door."
Playboy photographers first met her as a college student when they visited Oregon State University looking for candidates for the "Girls of the Pac 10" pictorial. She ended up on the cover of the October 2005 issue. She went on to pose for the centerfold of the July 2006 issue.

Underwood said she never modeled before appearing in Playboy.

"I didn't think I was pretty enough," she said. "I'm 5'3," short, freckle-faced. I'm from Oregon. It wasn't a thought in my mind that I could do something like that."

Hefner described her as an "all-American beauty," but that's not all that's required to be Playmate of the Year.
"It's incredible to get to experience a different life," she said. "I was in a very small bubble where I came from."

No comments:

AddThis Social Bookmark Button